1. Your commute to school started out feeling unbelievably quick, but slowly seems to gain 10 minutes each day as the week goes on.
2. You have heard EVERYONE'S answers to "What did you do this summer?" at least 10 times.
3. You have already realized the plans you came up with this summer might not work.
4. You can't remember what, if anything, you ate for lunch yesterday.
5. By the end of the day it feels like you spent more time on the phone or answering emails from parents than you did working with your students.
6. You end up leaving to go home at least a half hour to forty-five minutes after you planned.
7. Your commute home started out feeling unbelievably quick, but slowly seems to gain 10 minutes each day as the week goes on.
8. On the drive home, Drake's "Hold On, We're Going Home" comes on and the irony makes you smile (or cry depending on how your week is going).
9. You get home, look in the mirror, and find that your hair looks like you walked through a tornado.
10. It takes everything in you to stay up watching TV, doing homework, or reading...
11. ...so your bedtime has gone from 10:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and as the week goes on it gets earlier.
12. Your alarm clock scares the living daylights out of you because you were so sound asleep and dreaming of... school.
13. The effort you put into your morning routine changes into just... COFFEE
14. When people ask how your first week is going, the only word you can come up with is "exhausting"
15. Even though you're exhausted, this poem (and that cup of COFFEE) gets you pumped up to do it all over again!